Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Products I Cannot Live Without

This post will be products that I can't live without (so far for the past few years or so).

1) Lactacyd Liquid (~$8 to $12 for 250 ml from any personal store)

credits: reboundhealth.com

This is the LIQUID version with blue and green stripes. It does not say feminine wash anywhere on the bottle. So don't get confused! I have used probably close to 10 bottles of this. A bottle of 250ml lasts me about 2 months. It says on the back that it can be used for hair, face and body. I love this so much because it contains lactic acid, which is an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), which helps tremendously in reducing congested pores. I use this as a morning facial wash. It is mild and does not irritate my sensitive skin. It also does not dry my dehydrated skin out. I love how multi-tasking this product is. I use it as a back wash when I get back acne and this really helps with that. I also use it as a feminine wash (too much info?). This is why I get through this so fast!
Tip: Buy this from small neighbourhood shops like Venus. It is so much cheaper than getting it from Watsons or Guardian.


2) Avene Thermal Spray (Cannot remember the price. Look out for promotions)

credits: aveneusa.com

This is really a multi-purpose product. I feel that this is a must-have for whomever with sensitive skin. It really soothes any irritation on the skin. Although the effect is not permanent (it's not a cure; duh!), but it really helps when I'm just dying from any skin irritation. I use it on sunburns, rashes and itch especially from my eczema, on my legs after shaving (I get serious razor burns) etc. The best thing about this is that it is gentle enough to use on my eczema-affected eyelid. I soak a cotton pad with the spring water and press it against my eyelid, and it becomes instantly better. I have not tried other brands of thermal spring water, e.g Vichy, La Roche Posay, Uriage etc, so I cannot compare.


3) Avene Soothing Serum ($50.90 for 40ml)

credits: mypharmacy.com.sg

This product is so expensive, yet I bought a backup of this. My current tube is finishing, after using it for about a year. This is basically like the thermal spring water, but with liposomal technology. Liposomes are made of the same molecules that make up the bulk of our skin. Hence, it is proposed that, by encapsulating the spring water in liposomes, the liposomes can better deliver the spring water into the skin. I don't know if it really works, but I do know for this product, you are indeed paying for the technology and the innovation. I have done liposomal experiments in college lab, and I remember the professor saying that the liposome equipment costs S$10k each, and it looks as small as a syringe. So I can only imagine how expensive an industrial size equipment would be.

Anyway, I use this only for my face (because it costs a bomb). It has a longer lasting effect than spritzing on the thermal spring water. Perhaps it's the liposomal technology? I once had a nasty rash all over my face from using an unsuitable product, and after patting this product onto my face, the redness disappeared. And it remained that way. I use this when my eczema flares up on my face, and my skin becomes red, splotchy and itchy. Often, my skin becomes ultra-sensitive from overuse of topical acne products, and this really works to soothe the pain. The only downside is that it is somehow not suitable for my eyelid eczema. I also do wish there is a cheaper dupe for this product!



No comments:

Post a Comment