Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Skin

For my first post here, I've decided to put out there what my skin type is like. I have an extremely frustrating and confusingly combination skin. I have very very combination skin. Very very because 95% of my skin is oily, but 5% of my skin is very dry. Let me go over the dry areas first.

Dry: Parts that are peeling, mainly due to eczema. Upper lip, around the nose and eye area. Very sensitive too. Stings when in contact with products with high alcohol content. During an eczema flare-up, even my own perspiration stings!

Oily: All other areas not mentioned above. Oily but very dehydrated due to acne-care products.

Other facts: I have very yellow-based skin tone. Foundations in the Mac NC range is just the right amount of yellow for me. Anything less yellow isn't yellow enough for me. My skin burns but still tans without sunscreen. A good SPF30 sunscreen is good enough for me to spend hours in the sun without getting burnt.

Other problems: Battling acne and acne scarring on my cheeks. Nose is totally overtaken by blackheads. Clearest parts of my face are chin, jaw and forehead.

Phew! Finally done listing down all the crap my skin is facing. See you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment